Manga, the Japanese style of comics, has gained immense popularity worldwide. Some manga volumes have become rare and highly sought after by collectors. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top 5 most expensive manga volumes ever sold and what makes them so valuable.
The Top 5 Most Expensive Manga Volumes Ever Sold
One Piece, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Attack on Titan and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure are all popular manga series that have produced some of the rarest and most expensive volumes in the market. One Piece Volume 1 takes the top spot with a price tag of $47,000 due to its rarity and popularity among collectors. Dragon Ball Volume 1 follows closely behind at $36,000 with only a few copies known to exist in North America. These volumes are highly sought after by collectors who consider them as prized possessions in their collection.
1. One Piece, Volume 1 – $47,000
One Piece, Volume 1 is the star of this list as it currently holds the title for the rarest and most expensive manga volume ever sold. At a jaw-dropping price of $47,000, collectors are willing to cross oceans just to have this gem in their collection. One Piece has become one of the most popular series worldwide due to its unique plotline and diverse characters which has led to an increase in demand for collecting all volumes.
In addition to being one of the most expensive manga volumes ever sold, One Piece is also available on Netflix with over 900 episodes aired so far. This makes it even more popular amongst fans who want to immerse themselves further into this captivating world. With its impressive sales record and ongoing popularity, there’s no doubt that One Piece will continue making history in both anime and manga industry alike.
2. Dragon Ball, Volume 1 – $36,000
Dragon Ball, Volume 1 – $36,000
- Dragon Ball is a popular manga series written and illustrated by Akira Toriyama.
- The first volume of the series was released in Japan on September 10, 1985.
- This particular copy of Dragon Ball Volume 1 is considered the rarest and most expensive manga book ever sold at an auction for $36,000.
Collectors around the world are always on the hunt for rare and valuable manga volumes to add to their collection. Here we have five examples of some of the most expensive manga books ever sold. These books can be worth thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars due to their rarity and cultural significance. If you happen to come across one while collecting yourself or browsing online marketplaces like eBay or Amazon just know that you may strike gold if you decide to make a purchase!
3. Naruto, Volume 1 – $28,000
Naruto, Volume 1 is one of the rarest and most expensive manga volumes ever sold, with a price tag of $28,000. The series tells the story of Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja who dreams of becoming Hokage – the star ninja in his village. It’s no surprise that collectors are willing to pay such a high price for this rare volume.
Collecting manga has become increasingly popular over the years, particularly with the rise of streaming services like Netflix and their adaptations into anime series. While some may collect for sentimental value or enjoyment purposes, others see it as an investment opportunity to potentially cash in on these valuable books in the future. Whether you’re collecting Knights of The Zodiac (Saint Seiya), Shaman King or Battle Angel Alita – make sure to keep your eyes open for those rarest volumes!
4. Attack on Titan, Volume 1 – $25,000
Attack on Titan, Volume 1 – $25,000:
- The first volume of the popular manga series Attack on Titan is one of the most expensive manga volumes ever sold.
- This particular copy was a rare collector’s item that included an original sketch by the author Hajime Isayama.
- With its success as a manga series and an anime adaptation on Netflix, collectors are clamoring to get their hands on this rare edition.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Volume 1 – $20,000:
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure is a long-running and beloved shonen series with numerous volumes in circulation.
- However, this specific volume stands out due to its rarity; only five copies were produced with special features like gold trim pages and autographs from author Hirohiko Araki.
- For collectors seeking the complete set or just looking for unique items to add to their collection, this volume is highly coveted.
5. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Volume 1 – $20,000
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Volume 1 is one of the rarest and most expensive manga volumes ever sold. With a price tag of $20,000, this collectors’ item is highly sought after by fans and collectors alike. The series follows the adventures of the Joestar family as they battle supernatural forces using their unique powers called Stands.
While not as well-known in mainstream media as other series like One Piece or Knights of the Zodiac (Saint Seiya), JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure has seen a surge in popularity thanks to its recent adaptation on Netflix. This has only increased interest among fans who are interested in collecting all the volumes to complete their collection. If you’re a fan looking to add this rare volume to your collection, be prepared to shell out some serious cash.
In conclusion, manga collecting has become a popular hobby for many fans around the world. For those looking to invest in their collection, there are rare volumes that can fetch a high price at auctions or collector’s markets. The Attack on Titan and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure series are just two examples of manga volumes that have sold for thousands of dollars due to their rarity and unique features. However, collecting manga is not just about the monetary value, it’s also about the joy and satisfaction of owning and reading your favorite series. So whether you’re a casual reader or a serious collector, keep your eyes open for those rare and unique manga volumes to add to your collection.